Are you looking for a New Job or Looking for better opportunities?
We got a New Job Opening for
Full Details :
Company Name : SNEHA
Location : Santacruz, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Position : FINANCE OFFICER || CENTRAL OPERATIONS
Job Description : JOB DESCRIPTION: FINANCE OFFICER – CENTRAL OPERATIONS
A secular, Mumbai-based non-profit organisation, SNEHA believes that investing in women’s
health is essential to building viable urban communities. SNEHA is 450+ person strong,
innovative and progressive organization that works on health and nutrition in urban slum
pockets with women and their families. SNEHA follows the life-cycle approach to health and
nutrition, by intervening at critical junctures (adolescence, preconception, conception,
pregnancy, postnatal, infancy and toddlerhood, family planning) to ensure improved health
and nutritional outcomes for women and children living in some of Mumbai’s most vulnerable
and deprived slums and in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) as well.
SNEHA recognises that, in order to improve urban health standards, our initiatives must
target both care seekers and care providers. We work with communities residing in informal
settlements to empower women and communities to be catalysts of change in their own
right and collaborate with existing public health systems and health care providers to create
sustainable improvements in urban health. We have currently 11 programs running across
SNEHA which are Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH), Child Health and Nutrition (CHN) –
Aahar, Empowerment, Health and Sexuality of Adolescents (EHSAS), Prevention of Violence
against Women and Children (PVWC) (e) SNEHA Centre, SNEHA Shakti, Healthy Cities Project
(HCP), Samagra, Palliative Care, Livelihood Generation, Central Operations, Research and
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Responsible for Accounting, Banking, Budgeting & Budget Monitoring, Payroll processing,
statutory compliances, Audit, Taxation.
The Finance Officer will assist the Finance Coordinator for monitoring of budgets, data entry
of vouchers, reconciliation of program advance for assigned domain budgets.
The finance officer will be responsible for filing of all central records related to donations &
grants and related records in assigned files on timely basis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for checking of all vouchers with complete documentation and data entry in
2. Responsible for settlement of all staff advances
3. Responsible for ensuring bill to bill reconciliation of all vendor accounts
4. Responsible for bank reconciliation of dedicated bank accounts including bank charges/
5. Ensuring monthly record keeping of all financial documents including vouchers, staff
creditors accounts for all audits, checking of all opening and closing balances in tally.
6. Updating Monthly Reimbursement (allocation) to staff for conveyance & telephone
7. Co-ordinating with program/ domain teams for smooth implementation of finance
8. Will support Finance Coordinator in setting up processes for financial compliances as per
funding requirement, including compilation of all financial records for submission to funders.
9. Will file all donations & grants and related records in assigned files on timely basis
MANAGEMENT & REPORTING
REPORTING TO: FINANCE COORDINATOR
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Commerce
2. Minimum 1-2 years of experience in accounts/finance department
3. Prior experience of working in non-profit sector is desirable.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
1. Knowledge of accounting principles
2. Ability to multi-task
3. Good communication skills – written and oral.
4. Working knowledge of Tally ERP 9, MS Office – Word, Excel, PPT is a must.
OUTCOMES & BEHAVIOURS
1. Achieving deliverables of the domain
2. Achieving tasks through collaboration and team work.
3. Ensuring consistency and continuity, sharing, being transparent, seeking and giving inputs, taking
initiative and responsibility of being well informed about the organization.
4. Sound values and work ethics
Applications to be sent via email to email@example.com with Subject line:
“Finance Officer – Santacruz”
This post is listed Under Mumbai jobs
Disclaimer : Localpublic.in works to publish latest job info only and is no where responsible for any errors. Users must Research on their own before joining any company