CLASSIFICATION:Student Assistant 2
GRADE:Student Assistant 2
WORK TYPE:On Campus, Student Employee
ADMINISTRATIVE UNIT:University of Alaska Fairbanks
SCHOOL/BUSINESS UNIT:UAF Provost Office Operations
CATEGORIES:Research/Science/Grants, Student Affairs/Services
The Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarly Activity (URSA) is looking for Student Ambassadors! URSA student ambassadors serve as aspirational peers and as catalysts for students of all disciplines to engage with URSA. Working alongside the URSA Coordinator, URSA Student Ambassadors carry out an array of activities to assist in recruitment and engagement efforts including tabling, attending cohorting events, creating content and communications, and more. Are you a current or former URSA student who would like to share your passion for undergraduate research, scholarly activity, and UAF to current and prospective students both in-person and online? Then apply today!
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:||• Demonstrated leadership potential and/or previous leadership experience.
• Ability to connect and communicate (written/verbal) effectively with all types of people.
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team to multitask and prioritize varied tasks.
• Ability to analyze information, solve problems, and use sound judgment in decision making.
• Knowledge preferred of computer software and content creation for communications including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Apps, Canva, and current social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram
• Willingness to share personal experience in a public setting in relation to UAF and URSA
• Ability to work with a diverse student population
• Positive attitude.
• Preference will be given to applicants with in-depth knowledge or involvement in the areas of: URSA, UAF research and scholarly activity opportunities, UAF student organizations and/or UAF at-large.
Completed at least one full academic year at UAF and completed at least one URSA award project.
|REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:||1) Be enrolled in at least 6 UA credits.
2) Have at least a 2.3 GPA.
3) Completed at least one full academic year at UAF.
4) Completed at least one URSA funded award project.
|SALARY INFORMATION:||This position is up to 20 hours per week – hours as demand warrants. Starting at $16 per hour.|
|SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:||Please attach a resume, cover letter, and three references
This is a pooled position, which means that the position remains open over the entire academic year.
At this time, all university employees are strongly encouraged to vaccinate themselves against the COVID-19 virus. While the federal government is not actively enforcing its COVID-19 vaccine mandates, including its mandate requiring vaccination of federal contractor employees, UAF remains contractually obligated as a federal contractor to comply with those requirements should federal enforcement efforts recommence. As a result, UAF may adjust its vaccination requirements for covered UAF employees (currently Troth Yeddha’ campus and employees working in connection with certain federal contracts) at any time in the future, as needed, in order to comply with its contractual obligations.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
ADVERTISED: Alaskan Standard Time
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Alaskan Daylight Time
Disclaimer : Localpublic.in works to publish latest job info only and is no where responsible for any errors. Users must Research on their own before joining any company